Are you are good at giving advice?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ghost_Writer, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Ghost_Writer

Ghost_Writer Member

Considering the fact that most of my friends (especially my closest friends) always come to me to talk and they end up venting about their problems... Yes, I think I'm good at giving advice.

Several people have even recommended me to do Psychology College (but I never considered this possibility). I think I'm just a good listener (who also loves to talk).

2. crackerjack9

crackerjack9 New Member

I work as a substance abuse counselor in a detox, so client after client will sit in my office and share their life problems, looking for answers, of course. I became quite good at giving advice without actually telling a client what to do, but letting them come to their own realizations. Still, sometimes I am just at a loss for words. I know nothing I say will make this client's life any better or easier. I just do my best to support them and encourage them to take the next right step.

3. Carmen

Carmen New Member

Yes, I believe I am very good at giving advice. Ever since I was a preteen I was always the person that people, including adults would come to for advice. I really believe I was put on this earth to help others. In my early 20's I was offered a job as a psychic and in 6 months time I became one of the top psychics at the company. I really never considered myself to be psychic. I just listened to the callers dilemma and through the powers of deductive reasoning, I would help them resolve their issue. It's an awesome feeling to give advice, and counsel others.

4. kamai

kamai Member

I am actually the type a person who just sits and listens when it comes to having a conversation. After they are done they ask for advice and well I do the best I can to help. I have been like this for so long that I have gotten used to it and of course quiet good at it. The only bad thing is that I can't folliw my own advice and I don't really seek any either.

5. ray

ray Member

I am neither good nor bad but I offered it only when someone felt confident in my opinion and asked for it. I never hesitate providing my best provided someone asked for it. I am proud to say that I am 99.9% times correct in my suggestions.

6. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Sometimes, I give some pieces of advice to my friends, close associates, and my co-employees. My counsel is based on what I have experienced. Sometimes, those advice really work. and they're very glad that they have received it.

7. RapidBlue

RapidBlue Active Member

It is very nice thing of you to help your friends, listen to them and solve problems together.
    I wish you luck with that. I don't think I am able to listen as much as you do.