Cell phone or Computer (Desktop/Laptop)?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ghost_Writer, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Ghost_Writer

Ghost_Writer Member

Which of these do you use most: Cell phone or Computer (Desktop/Laptop)?

By far (and without thinking twice), my cell phone. Simply because I could take it with me more easily to all places. I just feel comfortable with notebooks/laptops indoors/closed places.

DR S likes this.
  2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

As to the easiness and comfortability of use, cell phone is the best choice. It could be carried anywhere without a fuss or trouble. You don't have to worry about the weight and it is also easy to manipulate or operate. When regards to the great capacity of memory and for a heavy job, laptop/desktop could best serve the purpose.

3. ray

ray Member

I have both but I use my phone for voice calls and checking my mail. I prefer working on my laptop because that is far too comfortable to work on. I never do any earning activity on my phone. Maybe my thick fingers prevent me to try phone's keys which in my view is not easy to handle, not for me at least.

4. kalyanign

kalyanign Member

I have a desktop computer as well as a smartphone, but for purpose of working, I use only my computer. Working on a small screen of the phone can cause eyestrain and there are some kinds of tasks which can best be done only on a computer. Using a phone can restrict and limit things you can do, although portability is the best asset that a phone can prove to be. Both have their own pros and cons, but a computer works best for me.

5. ray

ray Member

For me it is not eye strain but finger problems. My fingers are so thick that I make more than normal typos. I want to type C but type V or X instead and have to retype it which is waste of time for me. I have other problems too working on phone because I cannot utilize some features which are available on a laptop or desktop computer only.

6. tpicks

tpicks Member

It depends on where I am. If I am at home I use my computer more. And if I go outdoors then it's my cellphone.

7. kalyanign

kalyanign Member

Yes, certain features can only be best used on the computer than a smartphone. Also the screen size really cramps my style, I like to have a better resolution of the screen before me and although my eyesight is really good, working on small screen is something that I don't like much. Although, sadly now more and more apps for working online are being created for mobile devices which are not available for PCs.

8. Jason76

Jason76 New Member

Generally, I don't like phones cause the constant calls coming in are annoying. Therefore, I do most of my communication via a desktop. Also, the small screen of a phone isn't the best for viewing the net.

9. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

Well it depends on the situation doesn't it. I mean phones aren't the best option for everything and then computers aren't the best option always either. If I am out and about then the phone will be the better option as it is the much easier thing to carry around and use. But if I am at home then its better to use a laptop as I can do much more work and much faster than I would be able to on my phone

10. kamai

kamai Member

If my laptop was working I would definately use it more but now I have no other choice than to use my phone for everything. I usually use my phone for calls only when my PC is availabe, PC's are far more comfortable.

11. tpicks

tpicks Member

Sometimes when I get too tired sitting working with my computer what I do is to use my cell phone while I go into lieing position on my bed. Somehow I'm still able to achieve a lot doing this.

12. ray

ray Member

@tpicks in case I am at home I use my laptop but if I am out I prefer my iPad to my phone because that is far better in my case because I can type better on it. But if there is no choice left then of course I somehow manage on my phone but that is my last choice.

13. DR S

DR S New Member

Call me Old Fashioned... but really OS Tower (a/k/a) Desktop! :)
    I've got Win 3.0 to Win 10 Pro - every single Win OS (3 towers) - enjoys cranking up Win 98 and playing games - anyone for Pinball Wizard?

Then I have 9 laptops, Mobile phone (that weighs 11.9 pounds!) 1977 - Rotary, 1st Cell, 1st Pamphlet ... and unfortunately the modern "Stupid" Phone - that eats USB like no tomorrow!

That's my preferences and I'm sticking to it!

;)

ETA: Oh yeah, a tablet too - DOA currently, have to repair and get that one back to life...