Do you like snowy days?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ghost_Writer, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Ghost_Writer

Ghost_Writer Member

Unfortunately I never had the opportunity (but I'm totally crazy to see and feel the snow). In my country almost never snows, and the region where I live it's impossible (because of the heat).

However, I love cold weather and rainy days.

kamai likes this.
  2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

What we don't have in our country, we usually aim for that. We want to have a snow in our country so that we could experience how the people in America enjoy that kind of season or weather.

3. kamai

kamai Member

Here where I live it had never snowed well that's what I have been told anyway, it would be amazing if it did. I have experienced it and it is amazing as long as there is no blizzard. I wish I lived in a place where all seasons show, where it's hot and cold when it must be.

4. ray

ray Member

I absolutely love them but it doesn't snow in my area but I have to travel almost 150 km for enjoying snow. I never miss a chance when I read or hear that it's snowing in my neighborhood. I have a group of friends that always is ready to travel to take the opportunity. I have visited number of places which remain snow-clad round the year in my country and other countries too.

5. Jason76

Jason76 New Member

I love the snow. Driving in it is exciting and the look of it in the mountains where I live is like a painting. In addition, sometimes I like to sleigh ride or have a snowball fight.

Nonetheless you have to be careful on the roads which can be deadly, and sometimes the snow can knock out power lines, causing a lack of heat and resulting in death by freezing or starvation.

6. tpicks

tpicks Member

It hardly snow here at my end. Maybe once in five years and always mild. I like snowy days but I wouldn't be okay with long days of snow, I just like one or two days snow. I am not too use to snowy days and like experiencing a short period of snow.

7. Jason76

Jason76 New Member

Hatred of snow is a feeling unique to areas which have snow. Some parts of the world never have snow, therefore, when people from those parts of the world see snow somewhere else, they love it. Note, one time I lived in the tropics where most of the kids were bored with hot weather. They longed to go somewhere cold and snowy.

8. RapidBlue

RapidBlue Active Member

I dislike the rain during the winter months, but really enjoy it during the summer even if it causes much distress. I like the snow and cold, can't say that it is beneficial for our roads but at least it is eye friendly.
    At my current location it is a friendly snow, while out of town is not such a romantic situation.

9. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

I love snowy days. I mean who doesn't like snow. It's the best when it snows so much that you don't have to go to work or school as public transport is full of delays and its difficult to walk. To be fair like one of the posters above I love cold weather, rain, thunderstorms so snow is a great favorite too. Unfortunately for me snow is quite rare nowadays in London. I mean it did snow last year but it was horrible and barely even covered the ground.

10. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Member

I was born and grew up in a country where there is no winter season that is why I had no idea what it feels like having snowy days. And it is never in my thoughts and dreams that someday I can live and migrate in country where I can experience the coldness of the snow. That is why coming from a country where there is only summer and rainy season the changes in weather at first gave me a different feeling of excitement when I first experienced the snow. But as days and years had passed I already adapted the changes in weather. That is why somehow I may say that I love snowy days but if it is too many it is not good.