HILARIOUS moments! (Your funny moments / comments)

Discussion in 'Debt Collection' started by DR S, Jul 12, 2017.

1. DR S

DR S New Member

This post is for those who had "Interesting" experiences with Debt / Bill / Hospital / Student Loan (and all that fun stuff) ... POST COMMENTS ... the strangest / hilarious / things that makes you go "?" HUH "?" in wild, wacky, idiosyncratic moments!

I'll start ...

2. DR S

DR S New Member

HOSPITAL BILL COLLECTOR (This one is a classic!)
    Bill Collector

Hi! We're calling out of concern that you have an outstanding debt of $403.11. We're so glad you had your surgery and so sorry that you didn't expire.
    {Interrupted caller}
    ME:
    To whom are you speaking to?
    COLLECTOR:
    Mrs. Ura Maskow?
    ME:
    Who? I'm not Russian.
    COLLECTOR: (Confused / pauses)
    Mrs. Maskow?
    ME:
    Da? [Russian for Yes]
    COLLECTOR: (Very Confused)
    Oh, I'm sorry! Ms. Da, I'm calling for Mrs. Ura Maskow. I need to have her bank account number so the bill can be paid
    ME:
    Da! Da? Da??
    COLLECTOR:
    Who is on the phone?
    ME:
    You!
    COLLECTOR:
    Oh! I'm sorry. Mrs. U. You have an outstanding bill with Spokane General Hospital
    ME:
    Spooky General Hospital
    COLLECTOR: (annoyed)
    Are you currently a mental health patient?
    ME:
    No, but you are going to be one!
    COLLECTOR: (angry)
    ENOUGH WITH THIS SILLY GAMES. GET YOUR FATHER ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW! THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT CALL!
    ME:
    I can't
    COLLECTOR: (frustrated)
    WHY?!!!
    ME:
    He's dead. He will roll over his grave if I got him to the phone.
    COLLECTOR: (firm toned)
    Fine. This is a Hospital Bill Collector. I need to know your name, your address, City, State, and zip please. I will mail you the information which you will receive within 5-7 business days.
    ME:
    OK, sure: Send it to: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500
    COLLECTOR: (typing and sounding excited):
    Let me confirm, the address is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500?
    ME:
    Correct
    COLLECTOR:
    Great. Thanks! I will not call you back any more until the next 30-60 days. Thank you for your time is there anything else I need to know?
    ME:
    Yes, make sure the address is addressed to Mr. President.
    COLLECTOR:
    MR. PRESIDENT???????
    (long exasperated gasp)
    ME:
    Correct and my number is being disconnected within the next few hours
    (Disconnected the line)

3. Tammy Turbo

Tammy Turbo New Member

Not debt collectors, but I got one of those "free cruise" calls, and played along for a bit as I was bored. Lady asked a few questions,and when she asked for my visa card number, I asked why they need a Visa, I'm an American citizen. She hung up on me. lol

4. Free Run

Free Run New Member

I kept getting calls "about your credit card". Finally I decided to troll them. I said I needed credit help but didn't feel comfortable giving information over the phone, could I at least call them back so I knew they were legit. The caller told me I was "required by law " to give them my CC #. After pretending to cry, and begging for their help, they put me on hold, and another person came on. I explained I needed credit help, but didn't feel comfortable, but I would give him my CC # if I could call HIM back. He said sure, "my number is 1-800 -F*CK YOU!" and hung up! I did so enjoy that.